Friday, September 26, 2008

Today was a beautiful, windy, sunny, 75 degrees. A very enjoyable day to be sure.
My brother helped me pull a hill of tomato plants, it's kind of sad to see them go after all the care poured into them throughout the summer...but that's life and they did give us a good harvest. So, right now I am praising the Lord for a good summer and yet am a little sad to have it pass.

Monday is chicken butchering day. : | It's not my favorite thing to do (in case you thought otherwise), but we might have some friends helping us this time, so for that I can : ) .

Here is a little poem that was encouraging to me today.


Teach Thou Me

That which I know not teach Thou me.
Who, blessed Lord, teacheth like Thee?
Lead my desires that they may be
According to Thy will.

Kindle my thoughts that they may glow,
And lift them up where they are low;
And freshen them, that they may flow
According to Thy will.

~Amy Carmichael

Taken from "Mountain Breezes"



That my desires and my thoughts, be according to His will....yes!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful and convicting poem, Leah! It was a great blessing to me.

By the way . . . I hope that your chicken butchering goes well!

Leah said...

Thank you Sarah, I really enjoy Amy Carmichael's poetry and will probably post more of it.

We were able to recruit some friends to help us with the chicken butchering so it should not be so bad. Some how making it a social event helps things go easier and faster.

In Christ,
Leah

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner