Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Operation Save America 2009

One week from today my brother Michael and I will, Lord willing, be leaving for a week long mission trip to Las Vegas. There we will join a group called Operation Save America (OSA), this is a gospel oriented gathering of believers to expose and reprove the works of darkness. We stand with signs at abortion clinics, street preach, share the gospel, have rallies every night, and overall seek to glorify Jesus. Michael and I went in 2007 when the event was held in Birmingham Alabama, and that was an amazing and edifying experience. But now...Las Vegas....? This is going to be interesting.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a God ordained trip. I really don't know why He wants us to go, and what He wants to do or teach us there, but God IS sending us. It began with Michael wondering if there was the slightest possibility for us to go. Truthfully the answer was no. There was no way we could go, we simply do not have the kind of finances it takes to travel that far. But we decided to pray about it. We told the Lord that if He wanted us to go, He would have to send us, because it seemed impossible, and we covenanted not to ask anyone for financial support. Within a few short days, Mr. Tuttle, (a friend and brother in the Lord and the head of the pro-life ministry in Duluth) informed us that he intended to buy our tickets to Vegas! Whoa! Step by step God has opened the doors and we are now packing for that "impossible" trip. Needless to say we are a wee bit excited, and looking forward to seeing what God does.

I don't know if I will be able to post until we get back, we'll have to see how things go, but I do intend to tell you all how it goes. Please pray for us.




Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only does wondrous things. And blessed be his glorious name forever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen. (Psalms 72:18-19)

...Edited to add...
Read about the trip here:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 and 8

3 comments:

Lina said...

Blessings as you travel and preach the gospel! I used to go every year to Vegas, I know a brother there, you should try to contact him, his name is Doug Koch here is his site:

http://www.lvoutreach.com/1.html

Leah said...

Thank you Lina, we'll check it out!

Lesley said...

Hi Leah, I am looking forward to hearing about your time with Operation Save America! I hope you and your family are doing well this summer!

Please apologize to your mother for me for not getting back to her a long time ago when she left a message for us, inviting us over. We were actually gone that weekend that she called and I kept forgetting to call her back. I hope we can get together with you all soon --we miss you! :) Take care!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner