Sunday, January 24, 2010

Announcing a Courtship!!!

On January 20th, 2010 my Dad gave Patrick permission to court me! What a day of rejoicing that was, and every day following continues to be!

L-R: Leah, Patrick, Michael

Leah, Michael, Patrick

Patrick

My brother Michael and I met Patrick on our mission trip to Las Vegas in July, but we barely got to know him. Later on, my Mom, Michael and I joined the social network called, Facebook, to keep in touch with friends and family. Soon we had friend requests from Patrick. It did not take long before we began to notice his love for the Lord Jesus in his posts and comments, it was refreshing to meet a believer who sought the Lord with all his heart. Over the chat we all became good friends and had wonderful times of fellowship encouraging each other in the Lord. From time to time Patrick would call to talk with Michael, and eventually the calls became more frequent. In time he made plans to visit us, and finally made his way up from Ohio to meet the family. And the rest, as they say...is history! Someday I am sure I will share more details....but now you all know why I have been quite absent from this blog. I had a good reason this time! :)

I am very blessed to be courted by such a godly young man! His fervent love for Jesus is very evident in his walk and talk. The Lord is so good, and His mercies are beyond comprehension!

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9) Praise the Lord for His wonderful works among the children of men!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord Leah! Pretty exciting....yeah, I guess that's a good excuse for not posting. :) Thanks for the pictures!

Amber said...

Oh Leah, I'm so happy for you! May the Lord bless every aspect of your courtship, and may you clearly see His hand guiding you. And may you and Patrick have many wonderful times together. :) :) :)

Leah said...

Thank you! :)

Rachel S. said...

Wow, that's exciting news! God bless you in this new phase of life!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner