Thursday, September 3, 2009

What has been going on over here?

My dear Mother has been sick for three weeks now...earlier this week her symptoms changed for the worse, so she wet to the doctor yesterday. They ran more tests, and finally decided that even though the result came back negative, she does have Lyme disease. This is transmitted by the bite of a deer tick, which we have up here. These ticks are the size of a pin head, very hard to spot, and are carriers of several diseases. Now my Mom is on antibiotics for three weeks, prayerfully this is "in time". If left untreated for long, this disease begins to effect the neurological system. As it is my Mom has been in a lot of pain, but she can tell a slight difference now after taking two doses of the meds. Please do pray for her recovery, and thank you so much to those who have been praying. Praise God that they were able to find out what was wrong!

I have been *very* busy taking care of things here. Harvesting and preserving, caring for (with my brother's help) almost 150 chickens, caring for the family, etc. My Grandma has been a huge blessing to me as she washes all of the dishes, not a small task, as I cook meals from scratch and use lots of pots and pans in the food preservation process.

So now you know where I have been and will be...

Keep close to Jesus!

I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy
name, O thou most High. (Psalm 9:2)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Praying for you and your mom, Leah! I have a friend whose sister has lyme disease, and the struggle sounds very hard. He's with ya, sister!

Leah said...

Thank you Amber!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner