Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Witnessing Opportunity

On Tuesday this week Michael and I went to the abortion clinic early to sidewalk council. It was not open, so we prepared to hold signs and pray. Then this young woman came to us asking if we knew when the place opened. We asked what she wanted there, she said to get a pregnancy test. We offered to take her to a life care center for a free pregnancy test, and she agreed. The LCC did not open until 9am, so Mr. Tuttle asked myself and another sidewalk councilor to take her to breakfast.

I began to share the gospel with her and found that she had heard about Jesus, but she did not know about judgment. She had heard that Jesus was her only hope, but did not know why! At first she would not look me in the eye, but as I shared about sin, righteousness and judgment, she became very sober and looked me in the eye. When I told her about Jesus coming back to destroy the world with fire, I had to go back to the flood of Noah's time and explain why God judged the world then, and why He will judge it now.

People used to have a foundational knowledge of Scripture, but now there seem to be few who do. We have to do as Paul did at Athens, begin at the beginning and lay the foundation, the reason for Christ's sacrifice. When I told her that the earth will be destroy by fire, she looked very sober and asked, "So then none of us are going to make it?"
I rejoice and praise God for the opportunity to share with her the glorious gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. We exchanged phone numbers, so I hope to keep in touch with her.
Please pray with me that God will get glory for His name by saving this young woman.


Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto your name give glory, for your mercy, and for your truth's sake. (Psalms 115:1)

1 comments:

Rachel S. said...

It is so increadably wonderful to find a young lady so on fire for God and dedicated to spreading His truth. God bless you, sister,in a very special way. I can see HIM shining through you- Praise His name!
I will be praying for the woman you spoke of.
Well, I could on and on and comment on every post you've left, but alas I need to go. I'm definitely adding your blog to my 'favorites' list! And I'll try to visit again soon.
Keep pressing on for Christ! Love you!♥

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner