Saturday, December 5, 2009

Praise God For His Wonderful Works!

I am amazed at the way God has used the incident that happened on Tuesday the 24, for His glory! The story has travelled across the nation and even over the world. Already I have done two radio interviews and a paper interview, as well as responding to multiple e-mails. This has really surprised me since the incident is not an isolated occurrence, other sidewalk councilors are attacked weekly and the news does not cover it. One man told me what had attracted him to the story, and I think this is probably the reason for all the attention. He said, "It is the fact that God gave you such peace in the moment of need, that is so amazing." Praise God! So it is God's working that causes people to cry when they read what happened, it is God's ability and power to give a weak girl peace in the face of death, and God's protection over His people. In this I rejoice, that the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is being glorified and lifted up through this whole thing! He is worthy of ALL praise! I have been greatly reminded of the fact that my life is NOT about me. It is about my God, I am His, and all I am, have and do are His. If He chooses to use me, I rejoice and glory in Christ my Savior.

I am not great at speaking so when it came time to do the radio interviews I prayed and prayed, and others (especially my dear Mother) prayed as well. Asking the Lord to speak through me, clearly and to His glory. He did it! He really did! My prayer is that people will see how beautiful my Lord Jesus is, and how worthy of praise. That they who heard/hear will tremble before God and give glory to Him. That many will be turned unto the Lord and be saved. As the second interview approached, I was sick with a bad cold and without a voice. But when it came time to talk, my voice was there! Praise be to God!

Recently we heard from relatives of Michelle's (the attacker), I will let this note speak for itself, it is addressed to my Mom:

Sarah,
Thank you so much for your blog. I am a relative of Mechelle and live in Minneapolis. I, too, am a pro-lifer. In response to my convictions I have in the past housed pregnant women who had no place to live. I have never been outside an abortion clinic as I had believed that it was pushing it too far in a negative manner. This incident has changed my mind. Although things did not go as smoothly as normal for you, you were at the place God wanted you to be. My brother visited her the other day and said “I believe the protester was an angel sent by God to save the life of the baby”. That is just what happened. Since the incident, she has decided against abortion. I wanted to thank you for the work you are doing. Keep praying for Mechelle that she would return to Jesus.

Lori


Did you read that? Michelle decided NOT to kill her baby! Praise God! And this relative of Michelle's now sees the value in pleading with women at the gates of hell as a last voice of reason that they will hear before going in. Praise God again and again! As she said, please keep praying for Michelle that she will be saved. For legal reasons we have not been able to visit with her, but pray that we may be able to do so some day.

But God forbid that I should glory, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. (Galatians 6:14)

If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God gives: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to test you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, since you are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy. If you be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are you; for the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. (1 Peter 4:11-14)

To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen. (Romans 16:27)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Leah, I am so, so glad! Praise God! I'm am so happy He is getting glory and working mightily through this. I knew He would! And I'm so glad for the news about Michelle. Thanks for sharing!

...Is there any way you could get a transcription of the radio interviews you did, or a copy of the paper interview? I would love to read them if you'd care to share them. If you don't want to, or can't, that's okay.

Love you, Sister!
Hugs,
Amber

Leah said...

Thank you Amber!
I don't know how to get transcripts of the interviews but here is the web address to the Radio station that did them: http://nplr.fimc.net/default.asp

They will eventually appear in Archives which is here: http://nplr.fimc.net/goout.asp?u=http://nplr.fimc.net/sectional.asp?id=29245
(Daily Life News and Face the Truth, Coast to Coast, did the interviews)

I will probably mention it on the blog when they do...

The paper interview is here:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/nov/09112603.html

Love in Christ,
Leah

Lesley said...

Leah, I was so encouraged by this! WOW! God is so good!! What an amazing thing God did that day both in protecting you and protecting the life of the baby! I am in total awe -- Praise the Lord! I am praying for you and am sorry I missed your call awhile back. I hope we can catch up with each other soon but until then, you can know we are thinking and praying for you all. Take care and God bless you, Leah!

Leah said...

Lesley, We continue to pray for you all as well! :) Praise the Lord for His mighty works!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner