Friday, August 29, 2008

Family times

We have my sister Bonnie and her four children visiting this week. They enjoy getting a break from Duluth city life and we all love being together.

Michael and I took three of the children to do chores for some friends of ours that were on a trip. Brittany, Devin and Ashley had a great time seeing the cows, goats, turkeys, cats, and dog. I had fun just watching the expressions on their faces. : )


The trio.


Ashley trying to milk a cow.

Devin and the Bull.



Brittany watching the Bull.



Ashley and the goats.




Devin in the barn loft.


They were impressed at the size of the tractor.



Brittany



Ashley



Devin



As I write this they are outside catching and playing with frogs. If you could have peeked in on us this morning you would have heard me saying, "No Devin, you cannot let the frog go in the house." and "Please take that frog away, I really don't like to look at frogs while I am eating."
Also, earlier this week, they were catching crickets and feeding them to some large spiders they had found. You see, they are really enjoying their time here.

They are also helping to cook meals and Matthew made some exceptionally good double chocolate cookies!

5 comments:

Timeuser said...

Leah,

Looks like you guys and gals had a lot of fun this week! If everyone is still there, please give a hug to each from me.

Love,
Aunt Pat

Sarah said...

What fun photos! It looks like the children enjoyed themselves. :)

Leah said...

Thank you Aunt Pat, we sure did have fun and kept very busy! They were all happy to receive your hugs and send their love as well. :)
It's good to hear from you, I miss you all!
Please give my love to every one there.
Love,
Leah

Leah said...

Sarah, yes they did enjoy themselves! It is so neat to see children learn new things, that serious look of concentration as they try to take in the new knowledge and the light that goes on when things are explained to them and they understand...I love it!

Have a great day,
Leah

Anonymous said...

I think country life is the best life for children. I'm sure they'll never forget it. I also have a son named Devin, but he's a little older--33! Great pictures, thanks.

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner