Thursday, August 14, 2008

A day with 'little' blessings

I'm back.

Actually, I was only gone for one day on Monday. Things changed and I was not needed after that. But Monday was fun. I love those children!

We made breakfast together, did various chores and spent some time in Bible reading and prayer, it is a joy to reinforce those things that they are already being taught. Among other things we had a wonderful walk on a Lake Superior beach and had a looong 'foot race'.

Children are such a special gift from God and it greatly sobers me to think about the effect we can have on their lives for eternity. Every word, every action, every day, is making a lasting impression on their young minds and how they learn to view this world. Parents of course have the most impact but what about us, sisters, friends and neighbors? We too have a part in shaping those characters, we need to stay close to or Lord Jesus so His light will shine through us to them.


A sun rise picture my Mom took.


The last couple of days have been spent in gardening...picking more beans and broccoli etc. and cleaning house. I mean kind of major cleaning. I know it's not spring or winter but we never seem to follow those cleaning schedules, so we are doing it now.

Have a blessed day walking with Christ!

0 comments:

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner