Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Once Great Nation

Thursday we went to Duluth again to do some more pro-life work. We took some "Family Value Surveys" and held signs in front of Planned Parenthood.

The surveys are informational surveys, the questions are geared to inform people about Planned Parenthood and it's wicked agenda. One of the first questions is "Do you think Planned Parenthood is a good or bad organization?" Most answer "good", then we ask "Did you know that Planned Parenthood is the nations largest provider of abortions?", at this point we have had a few people say "no, I didn't know that!" then they ask to change their first answer to "bad". These people are the minority and the over all outlook is not good, in fact it is quit bleak.

Our nation has been in a free fall for some time now and it is only God's amazing mercy that has kept us from hitting the bottom. Yet I am sure that judgment is coming...soon. The blood of the innocent babies cries out from the ground, the wickedness of the people stinks in God's nostrils and the apathy of the church to all of this, is like a slap in the face of the Almighty. How can God bless America?

What mercies our great God has shown, to give us a little more time to prepare for the persecution coming, but the time is short. It is time, NOW to prepare our hearts before the Lord. "Choose you this day whom you will serve." (Joshua 24:15)

In March I wrote this in my diary:

"I do not want to be an ordinary Christian, neither do I want fame or recognition. I wish to be "on fire" in the full sense of the term, burnt up for Jesus...I want to seek God whole heartedly, it's everything or nothing. Either I will serve Him or I will not, let there be no middle ground. I thank my God through Christ Jesus that He has granted me grace to say "yes, I will follow you Lord."

If you do not make the choice now, you will have to make it some day and it will be harder later.

Remember His word:

"Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger." (Zephaniah 2:3)

"Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God..."(1 Chronicles 22:19)

"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD." (2 Chronicles 12:14)

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:6-9)

"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer." (1 Peter 4:7)

"And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." (Mark 13:37)

!

0 comments:

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner