Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.

(Psalms 54:4)

When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan. (Proverbs 29:2)

Last night I watched and photographed a large electrical thunderstorm. It reminded me of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, whose power far surpasses any power that any other ruler has. In fact, the power which they seem to have is only by God allowing them to have it. The very life that they and we have, is given and maintained only by the mercy of God.


The Mighty One, God the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.



Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth. Our God comes; he does not keep silence; before him is a devouring fire, around him a mighty tempest.


He calls to the heavens above and to the earth, that he may judge his people: "Gather to me my faithful ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!"


The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge! Selah (Psalms 50:1-6)


Let us still Praise Him!

The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!" (Psalms 50:23)

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow, Leah, those pictures are amazing!! I looked at them for a long time. What a beautiful view you had of that storm. I heard the thunder at our house that night and it was pretty exciting to have a thunderstorm in November.
I'm enjoying your blog so much and I look forward to seeing you again soon! It was so nice to be back with you and the others on Tuesday.

We won't be able to make it to your gathering on Sunday because Sam will be leading music at our church that day but we'll try to catch up with you all soon. We miss our fellowship with you guys and hope to see you soon! :) Take care and God bless you.

Leah said...

Thank you Lesley, it was fun watching that storm. We did not get a drop of rain, so I could photograph without worrying about the camera getting wet!
It was so good to see you on Tuesday, we will miss you all on Sunday!
Love in Christ,
Leah

Lesley said...

Hi Leah! I'm thinking and praying for you and the others this morning as I know you are out sidewalk counseling now. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. You'll have to tell me how it went.

I'm hoping we can get together soon so that you can hold Christian -- he's getting so big! :) Hope you're doing well and hope we can get together soon.

Love Lesley

Leah said...

Thank you for praying Lesley, God is answering!

Yes, I/we would love love to see you...what about Sunday? We need to give you a call.

Love in Christ,
Leah

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner