Monday, November 3, 2008

God is merciful!

Last week on Tuesday we were able to help some friends move. Michael helped with the actual manual work while I was the official babysitter for their two little girls. I would ordinarily say that I had the best job of all, and don't get me wrong it was fun, but the Lord gave my Mom an incredible task as He used her to save the lives of two babies!

You see, the abortion clinic was open on Tuesday morning.

My Mom dropped me off to watch the children, then went (with Michael for a short time before he left to help with the moving,) to plead for the lives of the unborn. About fourteen mothers went into the place to destroy their child and each were asked not to do that terrible thing. God gave my Mom scripture to use and she told many of them: "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I sanctified you. That is what God says." Also exclaiming, "Don't do this, Fear God!"

When all the mothers were in, the Sidewalk Councilors (SCs) gathered around to pray. Just then, a couple came out of the building holding hands and smiling, (this is always encouraging). They were asked, "Did you change your mind?" they answered "Yes"! They received many hugs and gifts and they gave their phone number saying that we can probably hold the baby when he or she is born. They are a married couple and already have two children. My Mom asked the man "What was it that caused you to change your mind?" He answered, "It was all that 'fear God' stuff, it really gets to you."!
Praise God!

But wait, that's not all!

After that couple had taken their leave and the SCs had given heartfelt thanks to God, my Mom began to talk to a young lady who had come out of the clinic to smoke. There is a fence in front of the court yard where we cannot go because it is privately owned, so we have to raise our voices to be heard at the door where this girl was located.
Below is a view of the Building for Woman, the side walk with us SCers standing around and the fence.


As my Mom talked, the girl was smoking up a storm and finally walked over to the fence asking, "What was that you said?" She was shown pictures of her unborn child at almost twelve weeks along and was told what abortion would do to her little one. She said that she had never seen or heard those things before. She then began to say how stressed she was because she had locked her keys in her car and didn't know what to do. Long story short, they were able to get her car unlocked and she went out to coffee with my Mom and another SC. My Mom was able to give Dana the gospel and to get her contact info. We are praying that the Lord will allow us to continue to have a part in her life.

So, we are rejoicing! Praise God for what He has done and is doing!

On our normal end of life...um what is normal anymore?
We have been preparing our yard and home for winter, which includes, cleaning up the yard, cleaning off and partially turning the garden hills, canning some more, cutting, chopping and stacking fire wood, butchering some nuisance guinea hens...

and more.
It all ends up to be more than enough to keep us very busy.
And....
My brother got his drivers license! Yikes, look out world!



For your enjoyment, here are some pictures form the past month.




These two are views from my Dad's work on the North Shore of Lake Superior


Sunset








This is The Old Fort that my brother and I made when we were little.


Now our leaves are all gone from the trees and we await the arrival of... snow?!

2 comments:

Amber said...

A moving post, as always, Leah. I'm SO thankful God used your mother.

The pictures are beautiful, too. My two little sisters and I just got home from a walk at a near-by park, and I sure wish the camera batteries hadn't died!

...And about your brother getting his license... congrats to him! And thanks for the warning. lol. Come on, now; isn't he a good driver? :) My brother is.

Leah said...

Thank you Amber.
Yes, Michael is a good driver, it just scares me a little...he took his first solo drive today and I have to say it will be nice to share the errand running. :)

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner