Friday, December 19, 2008

(I get to say is again :) Announcing...

The birth of my dear friends baby boy:

Jesaias Kaven !



Born: December 17, 2008 at 9:02am
Weight: 8lbs 12.8 oz
Height: 20.5"

Jesaias is pronounced: ja-si-yas (short "a" both start and finish; long "i")

Here is the explanation for his name, in his father Steve's own words:

We wanted a name that was biblical, meaningful, and family significant. His first name, except the "J" is the greek from of the prophet "Isaiah". In the King James Version of the bible, Isaiah is written as "Esaias". Note Matthew 3:3

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

"Isaiah" is meaningful to us because on March 4, 2004 I read Isaiah 1:16-17 and the Lord opened my eyes to see the salvation found only in Jesus Christ. The name "Isaiah" was too common for us so we went with the King James version of "Isaiah", thus "Esaias". However, we really didn't like how Esaias sounded but we did like how it sounded with a "J" in front, plus we can call him "JJ". Esaias means either "God saves" or "The salvation of the Lord". We'll say it means "JESUS SAVES" since we put the "J" in front!
The middle name "Kaven" is a mixture of Ken (my dad's first name) and Dave (Tina's dad's name).

I am so excited for them! They have two darling little girls and now have a son!
My Mom and I visited them yesterday and got to hold little Jesaias, ooooh he is sooo precious!
Thank you Lord Jesus!

Many, O LORD my God, are your wonderful works which you have done, and your thoughts which are toward us: they cannot be recounted in order unto you: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (Psalms 40:5)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Leah! How exciting that you got to hold sweet little Jesaias!! He sure is a cutie! I talked to Tina at the hospital a couple days ago and she sounded like she was doing really good. What a happy time for them.
I've been thinking of you and praying for your health. I miss spending time with you on the streets and hope we can get together sometime soon. The next time you hold Christian, you'll notice he's a lot bigger! :) He doesn't like to lay down like a little baby anymore but wants to be propped up and looking around. He smiles constantly and is just starting to be grabbing toys. The time does fly!

Hope you're doing well and tell your mom hi from me too.

Love in Christ,
Lesley

Leah said...

Thank you so much for praying Lesley. The Lord has answered and brought healing! I am feeling much stronger and was able to be at the abortion clinic last week. It was good to be back, but I missed having you there. I am sure your little crew keeps you very busy, serving the Lord by serving them! I love to see the pictures of Christian, he is so adorable and I would love to hold him...

It looks like I will be spending some time over at Steve and Tina's helping with the children, since Tina cannot lift. I am looking forward to that. It was too bad that it did not work out for me to come when you had Christian, but I am glad that your Mother was there for you, no one can beat a Mother! :)

My Mom sends her love.

Love in Christ,
Leah

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner