Saturday, March 14, 2009

Has it really been...

....Yes, it has been, eleven, days since I last posted and I apologize, but (thankfully) this absence is not without good reason. Two reasons, to be exact. The first is that God has been speaking to me about spending too much time on the computer, not so much on the writing posts part, but the checking this persons blog and oh look I should check out that one and there's another one that looks good, you know, that kind of thing. So I have tried to spend less time on the computer, more or less.

Secondly, my Grandma is coming to live with us next Saturday. This bit of news did not take us completely by surprise, since we have been discussing the possibility, but the sudden setting of a date in the very near future was a surprise. My Dad and Mom are giving their bedroom to her and are moving into the living room. This means a great many changes must be made and quickly! Several pieces of furniture have to move out of the house and other things moved in, shelves and a closet need to be quickly constructed. We are busy, busy, busy and my Mom and I are quite enjoying the chance to deep clean the house. There is still SO much to do and very little time to do it!

This is going to be a stretching time in our lives, giving up of comforts, conveniences and so called rights, but it will be a good time. Think of all the lessons God can teach us through a time like this! I am looking forward to it and yet shrink back from it. My flesh does not like change, but I long to grow in closer fellowship with my Lord. I know that this situation is in His plan and will and that it is very right to care for our own, so I thank God for this opportunity.



Tonight I am meditating on these verses:

And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are your works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are your ways, you King of saints. Who shall not fear you, O Lord, and glorify your name? for you only are holy: for all nations shall come and worship before you; for your judgments are made manifest.
(Revelation 15:3-4)


0 comments:

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner