Monday, March 2, 2009

It is March...

...and I am very happy and ready for spring! Even though our weather does not seem to know the difference, as the temperature continues to hover around zero...oh well I guess I will have to keep waiting, but it is coming, soon... I hope, ...it should be soon, ...but we are up north and we have had blizzards in March...ah, be quiet mind, don't think about that, spring is on the way!



We had my four nieces and nephews over this weekend. Since a cold is going around it was more of a "quiet" time, (that is in comparison with other times :-). We played games, read stories, cooked and crocheted. They really enjoyed it when I read "Old Yeller" to them and would beg for more. Yesterday morning when I woke up, the first thing Ashley asked was, "When can you read 'Old Yeller?"

Brittany had brought some yarn and a crochet hook with her and asked if I could help her make a purse. I showed her how, then gave it back to her to do. Soon, she began complaining that it was "too hard" and asked if I could 'help' her. I explained that doing it for her was not helping her and if she did it herself she would learn patience, it would build character. She then settled down to work at it and proceeded to persevere at it for hours on Saturday and most of the day Sunday! She finished it and I was able to help her sew the ends together, it turned out beautiful! I asked her if she remembered what I told her, she did. Then I asked if it had built character, she said "yes".

Not yet finished but looking good


For the past few weeks that the children have been here, Devin has spent hours outside, standing still as he holds bird food in his outstretched hand. He has chickadees come to eat food out of his hand, this is so much fun for him and my Mom finally got a picture! And this is a child which has been "diagnosed" with "ADHD"?!



Matthew enjoyed playing scrabble with Michael and I. He was hit the hardest with the cold, but we had some good games with him, despite his condition.

On Saturday I did some more sewing, the jumper is coming along nicely.



And finally, here are the four of us "girls" wearing the aprons that a kind friend sent. Thank you Brenda!



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well. Remember to keep praising our dear Lord Jesus in and for all things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Leah:

I like the way you dealt with Brittany, in encouraging her to persevere in order to build character. You will be a very wise mother someday, Lord willing. When my children were young, I was a real softy back then, and would give in to their complaints and end up "helping" too much. Way to go, Brittany!

How wonderful for Devin to have that experience with the chickadees! I'm sure that he will never forget it. ADHD is not too much for the Lord to handle! He is able to take a person in hand and bring peace to their soul--and what a blessing Devin received!

I love the picture of the "apron team"! I wear my apron all day around the house, not just for cooking. It protects my clothing and I feel equipped for any job :-)

That was an enjoyable post, Leah. I love to see pictures of you and your family!

Leah said...

Thank you Brenda! :)

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner