Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring!

Sometimes when life gets extra busy, I lose sight of the cross. I rush around doing the things that need doing, praying as I go and asking for help which God gives so graciously, but I forget to thank Him for the cross. I forget to remember the cross, what it means, what He did for me, what the salvation of my soul cost my Lord. I need to remember, I need to thank Him. When I remember, it puts life into perspective and pushes everything back into it's place. The Lord Jesus Christ is what this life is about and He has the preeminence in all things.

Yes, my dear Grandmother is here and we are pleased to have her. Yet I will not paint a rosy picture of life here because it is not easy, but we did not take her in because it would be easy. There are things far more important than our own comforts, taking care of our own is one of them. By ministering to her we can glorify God and that is what I long to do.

Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks. Our house is very small, so my Dad and Mom had to move into the living room when they gave their room to my Grandma.


Here my Dad and Michael move our "sideboard" out of the living room to make room for the bed.


I painted two of these cabinets for the bathroom. Later we painted the wall you see behind me, white.

Here is the finished living room/bedroom.


Remember Brittany's purse that she was crocheting? Here is the finished product!


Matthew 13 (who is now taller than I am!) and Ashely 8. Matt broke his finger while playing basketball and it refuses to heal. He has been through multiple casts and now splints, I am not sure what the doctors will decide to do for him.


Out side, I see signs of spring! A couple of robins, some grass peaking up and some flowers in our flower garden showing their little stems. Spring is so exciting!

0 comments:

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner