Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Back!

I stayed for a week at our friends house, helping them with their two little girls and the new baby. To be very truthful, I had a wonderful time. Their two little girls who are three (almost) and 16 months are a delight to be around (most of the time :-) and baby Jesaias is such a treasure. This time has made me look forward even more (if that is possible) to the day when God brings the right man for me to marry and we have our own little ones.
I was able to be with my family on New Year's Day, which was very nice. My sister Bonnie and her four children picked me up and then took me back that night. We all enjoyed visiting with each other.

Monday night my Dad received a call from one of his sisters, saying that my Grandma is not doing well. She lives in Michigan and needs to go to her doctor in Chicago. So yesterday morning (Tuesday) my Dad took off to go stay with her until his two sisters arrive from Illinois, to take her back down with them. We look forward to my Dad coming home this evening.

My Mom, brother and I, went to the abortion clinic, yesterday morning, to plead for the lives of unborn babies. There were ten mothers who went in and we were able to be the voice of their baby to them, crying out for mercy. We don't know if anyone changed their mind. God knows and God sees.

I was reading in Psalms yesterday and chapters 70 and 71 really stuck out to me. They are beautiful psalms that we can make our cry and our prayer. One thing that I remember my Mom saying throughout my life is, "Keep praising the Lord, offer the sacrifice of praise to Him." Now as I look at these Psalms and other verses, this one thing blares out at me, Keep praising the Lord continually.

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. (Psalms 70:4)

By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. (Psalms 71:6)

Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day. (Psalms 71:8)

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. (Psalms 71:14-18)

My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt. (Psalms 71:24)

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. (Hebrews 13:15)

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long. (Psalms 35:28)

Throughout the Bible I see a general theme of praise. We ought to be praising Him! There are many reasons given for praising Him: for His holiness, for the wonderful works He does, etc. But the reason to praise Him which is given 43 times in the Bible is: "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalms 118:1) His mercy endureth forever! Wow! Among so many other things, this one is something that so clearly sets apart God from man. We cannot even come close to this record! He who's anger is furious (Isaiah 13:13), who's power is complete, yet He shows mercy forever? Hosea 11:9 has a statement that is wonderful, "I am God and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee."

Let us therefore praise Him continually and give Him thanks in and for all things. Not just for things we like but for things we do not like as well. He says, "In everything give thanks". When we praise Him, without condition, this is honoring to Him. When we give thanks for things that we see as bad, we are stating that He knows what is best. So, let us "offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually"!


On a side note, here is a recent picture of my kitten, Hope, who is growing and is very sweet. I hope she becomes a good mouser.


4 comments:

Victoria Rebecca said...

That's a lovely picture of your cat. My cat likes to be funny. One time, when we left her outside one night, she left us a 'present' on our doorstep. Two dead mice! I was pretty sure she was smiling at us!
Thank you for commenting on my blog.
God bless,
Victoria

sarah said...

Dear Leah,
It's so nice to have you home!;-)

Thank you for the encouragment, you are always a belssing to me!

I am praising our wonderful Lord Jesus Christ with you!

Leah said...

Thank you Victoria,
It sounds like you have a good mouser there, that is a very nice cat to have!

Leah said...

Hello my dear Mother, it is nice to be home, though I miss the children dearly.

You are more of a blessing to me than I to you, I am quite sure!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner