Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Miscellaneous Musings

Today turned out to be a beautiful sunny day, just perfect for...cleaning our the garage! Not the most fun thing to do, but very necessary when your garage looks like ours, I will kindly spare you the details. :-)

Our back yard.

This is "Joyce" my cat and I.

These pictures were actually not taken today, but the day was a lot like this!

I am looking forward to the fast approaching time when I will be able to start my vegetables indoors. Up here we cannot plant outdoors until June. I like to start my seedlings, eleven to fourteen weeks early, in order to give them a good start and hope for produce more quickly.

I am finally sewing the jumper I had cut out long ago and am really enjoying it! The fabric is a type of blue denim and the pattern has four pleats, which I absolutely love. I will have to look for more patterns with pleats or make some up myself, I don't think it would be too hard to add pleats to a regular dress or skirt pattern. Anyone with experience have suggestions?

We were at the abortion clinic again on Monday where seven mothers went into the building to destroy the lives of their babies. One girl was probably just fourteen or fifteen and seemed very scared, but her mother was with her and so she did not stop to talk with us. How can a mother do that to her daughter? Perhaps it was for rape or incest, but killing the innocent child does not take away the pain and trauma, it only makes it much, much worse. The adults in that girls life will have to give an account of their actions before The Judge of all the earth some day, that thought alone should cause them to tremble.

We went to the UMD again for a couple of hours. My Mom had a good conversation with a young atheist who, after hearing the gospel, accepted a Gospel of John saying that he will read it and consider what he had been told!
One guy walking by, began to curse and swear at Josh and Michael and then at our Lord Jesus. Josh answered with, "God bless you." and Michael with, "Thank you for the blessing!"
Another guy walking by spit at Josh and Michael. These things really are blessings!

"Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you."
Matthew 5:11-12
And:
"But I say unto you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to them who hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them who despitefully use you." Luke 6:27-28

My Grandma is now in physical therapy and is slowly recovering. This is a hard time for her as she cannot remember things very well because of the trauma from the operation. It is frustrating to her, as I am sure it would be to anyone. Thank you so much for praying and please do continue to pray for her salvation.

Colossians chapter One has been a great blessing to me lately, what a packed chapter! One thing I keep thinking about is verse eleven: "Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."
It is one thing to learn patience, another to learn longsuffering, but "patience and longsuffering with joyfulness"?! Wow! I need to be abiding in Christ Jesus so that He can produce this fruit in me. In Him all fullness dwells, He is the one I want to be around. Since we become like who we hang around, I want to 'hang around' Jesus, to be in fellowship with Him all throughout the day. I must confess that my thoughts often wander to less important things, then I realize with a start that it has been several hours since I consciously spoke with my dearest friend. Oh why, do I do this? I love to be near Him and I love talking to Him and yet I find my mind wandering. Oh, may He draw me closer to Himself! How patient He is with me, what a kind and compassionate Savior. "Like as a father pities his children, so the Lord pities them that fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:13-14
Thank you Lord Jesus.

I have been training my dog Abby, here are some pictures and a video! I am using a "tug" which is a piece of burlap type material used to build drive and focus. As you can see, Abby thinks that this is all a game and to a point, it is at this time. Eventually we will get into more advanced training.












0 comments:

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner