Monday, February 2, 2009

Trevor's Story


Friday we went back to the Duluth Skywalk system with our witnessing team. We handed out close to a hundred tracts and had some really good conversations.

Several months ago a rough looking man walked past Steve and Josh as they stood outside at the Holiday Center in Duluth, he cursed and swore at them and continued to do this every time he walked by. So on Friday when Steve saw this same man walking towards us in the skywalk, he thought "oh boy, here we go again." But as Trevor (name changed) passed by us, he quietly said, "Thank you for what you are doing." Steve was surprised but managed to ask, "Are you born again?"
"Yes"
"When did this happen?"
"About a month ago."
He seemed to be in a hurry but later sought us out and took a tract. He stood near us reading it, then Steve began talking with him and Trevor's story unfolded:

A month ago he had come to the very end of his rope. He was going through a painful divorce, was doing drugs and drinking and had hit rock bottom. He took a gun, put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger-- it did not fire. He put the gun down, looked up at the sky and said "I've never talked to you before" and there, weeping, he found grace before the throne of God through Jesus Christ. He told Steve "Jesus is all I have, no one else can help me."

Please pray for Trevor, I wish I could paint for you the picture of that serious, sober look, that was in his face and eyes. I have not seen much like it.

Do you see the power of God in this man's life? Oh, how our God loves to use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise and the weak things to confound the mighty! Where is the disputer of this world? has God not made foolish the wisdom of this world? Praise God that He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy and whom He will He hardens!
To God be the Glory!

Please watch this Street Preacher's video: This is Kevin from Cry to God, --- this video is the best street preaching I have heard yet!



6 comments:

Amber said...

Leah, every time I come to your blog I am convicted. Would you believe it - God uses you to speak to me so often, that if I'm not right with Him, my conscience won't let me come visit your blog! ...But you encourage me so much, to share my faith. Praise God - a lady was saved at our church this Sunday!

And yes, that's good preaching! Wish I had that boldness. ...Well, I know where to go to get it.

Leah said...

Thank you Amber and praise God! One of the reasons I started the blog was to encourage others to witness for our Lord. :)

For years I prayed that God would prepare me to give the gospel, it was not until this past year that He opened the door for me to do that. God knows how each of us needs to be prepared. Remember the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace in Eph. 6.
I like to ask God to prepare me for the next person He wants me to talk to about Him and He does.

Praise God for the lady that was saved at your church! What a joy to witness the birth of a new life!

Thankfully :) I don't see precedence in Scripture for woman to preach, so I just hand out tracts and talk to woman. If a man approaches me with questions, one of "our team" guys will usually step in. We woman are never out of sight of one of "our guys". This takes away allot of timidity on my part.

Love you sister!
Leah

Anonymous said...

Thats so awesome about Trevor. He spoke some of the wisest words I've ever heard - "Jesus is all I have, no one else can help me." I pray God continues to bless your witnessing team. Your blog has been an encouragement to me in witnessing, and has also been convicting in my lack of witnessing.

Love, your sister in Christ,
Shannon

Leah said...

Shannon, thank you and praise God that He is using this to encourage you as well!

Love in Christ,
Leah

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with the joy that I see in this man! And the words just flow out of him! I think that if I heard Kevin speak, and wasn't already saved, I'd sure want to be!

Leah said...

Yes Brenda, that is one thing that I really like about Kevin's preaching as well-the joy of the Lord is very evident. Praise God for this beacon of light in the darkness for those that walk in the shadow of death!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner