Monday, April 27, 2009

After an impromptu blog break I say,

"It has been too long since I have posted here!"

The sun is streaming through my window and there are now tiny leaflets on some of the trees, the grass is up enough to make the ground green and birds are everywhere and a few bugs are out. On the warmer nights I enjoy hearing the chorus of the Spring Peepers and the song of the American Woodcocks. We had our first T-storm of the year go by with thunder and lightning, I was jumping up and down I was so excited! I do so love spring!

We planted some cold weather crops in the garden and they are slowly coming up...spinach, radishes, peas and soon carrots. Last falls planting of garlic is growing strong and the strawberry plants look good. In my "growing room" there are tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, broccoli and several different herbs, growing under lights. How kind our Heavenly Father is to give us such good things, to show forth His glory in little things!

All this new life around us, makes me think of the new life God gives to those whom He saves. He said, if anyone be in Christ, they are new creature, old things are passed away and all things are become new. (2Cor. 5:17) This is so true! The sin which we once loved becomes the thing we hate and the righteous things that we once hated, become the things we love. This is the work of God, no one can make this happen of their own accord. God creates within us a clean heart and a love for Him! Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for His atoning sacrifice and triumph over death!

I finally finished crocheting the gift which I had hoped to give my friends at the birth of their son...he is now four months old. Oh well, at least it wasn't infant clothes!

It was such fun to make this and pray for little Jesaias.
(The pillow is just for contrast.)

Here we are when he was a bit younger.


And more recently. You can see that he is growing fast!



My Dad and I built a compost bin together, he cut the boards and pounded the stakes and I nailed it together. We needed it! Behind me in the picture, you can see the pile which served as a compost pile in the past.

It's not beautiful and is crooked (my fault!), but it is serviceable.


My cat Joyce had five kittens, they are so much fun!

Four weeks old.



And for those of you who are curious....here is a picture of a Spring Peeper!

Tiny little things, but they sure can make a lot of noise!

And here is an American Woodcock!

I think these are about the cutest birds I have ever seen! In the evening the males fly very high, fanning their tails in such a way that it makes an ascending sound like...woowoowoowoowoo.

(Neither of these last two pictures are mine.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, spring peepers, quite the noise makers. Everytime we go out to a friend's house in the country at night you can hear them all over the place.

God Bless,
Shannon

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner