Saturday, April 11, 2009

Trials

I have been sick, especially this past weekend. One moment I was feeling fine, the next my throat began to hurt and within thirty minutes I was full blown sick, even starting a fever. Weird.
Thankfully I am doing better now, not quite over it, but much better. Meanwhile, I missed the big day at my Grandma's house. Which turned into two BIG days of moving her things out, while a renter was moving her things in. Wow. My poor family, they came home completely exhausted and spent and very glad to have that over with.

My Grandma is doing better, healing and recovering from the operation. It is hard to have her here, I won't mince words about that. She is not saved and finds it difficult to hear us always singing, praying and talking about the Lord. There are many wonderful opportunities to minister to her and she hears the gospel every day now, in one form or another. We are praying that the Lord will draw her to Himself and save her.

We have been going through an extended trial and just the other day I was praying, asking the Lord why it seemed that He was not answering my prayers. Quietly He spoke to me, showing that indeed He is answering. I had asked for patience - He is teaching that to me. I had told Him that I wanted to be closer to Him, no matter how hard a trial would have to be to get closer - He is answering that prayer as well. These trials drive us to our knees, He becomes our only refuge and we learn to fly to Him. Oh, how sweet is His love, when we look on His face in the midst of trials. He wants us to take our eyes off the waves and place them on Him. Faith IS the victory, praise God for giving us faith.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. (Proverbs 3:5-7)


Faith is the Victory

Words by John H. Yates
Music by Ira D. Sankey
1891

Encamped along the hills of light,
Ye Christian soldiers, rise.
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies.
Against the foe in vales below
Let all our strength be hurled.
Faith is the victory, we know,
That overcomes the world.
Refrain
Faith is the victory! Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory, that overcomes the world.
His banner over us is love,
Our sword the Word of God.
We tread the road the saints above
With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
Swept on o’er every field.
The faith by which they conquered death
Is still our shining shield.
Refrain
On every hand the foe we find
Drawn up in dread array.
Let tents of ease be left behind,
And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
And echo with our shout.
Refrain
To him that overcomes the foe,
White raiment shall be giv’n.
Before the angels he shall know
His name confessed in heaven.
Then onward from the hills of light,
Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
In Jesus’ conquering Name.
Refrain


God is so very Good!

By the way, how do you all like this blogs new look?

7 comments:

Amber said...

I love the new look, Leah! Did you design the template or find it somewhere?

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. :) I love making people laugh. :) Here is the HTML you asked for:

...Um, I take that back. I just tried it, and Blogger won't let me paste html into this comment box. ...If you're willing to leave me a comment on my blog with your email address, I'll send it to you that way. (Don't worry - I won't publish your comment.)

Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey Leah,
Love the new blog template :) The scariest prayer (don't know if scary is the word) is asking God to make you conformed to His Son, and to be closer to Him, cause it definitely means trials that tear us apart at times. But in every trial, the result of being closer to God is always worth it. Hope you continue to get better and grow in your walk with God :)
Your Sister in Christ,
Shannon

Leah said...

Thank you Amber, I found the template on a site that had several free ones, called skincorner. It is not exactly what I want, but I like it anyway. I might try my hand at designing one someday, pansies are my absolute favorite flower, so that would be the theme...if I ever do it. :)

I will send my e-mail address pronto!
Thank you!

Leah said...

Thank you Shannon, I agree with you. It is scary for our flesh to pray like that, it means death for this willful flesh and that's no fun. But as the Spirit of God within us cries out Abba Father, how can we but cry out with Him, "draw me closer!"?
God bless you sister!

Lesley said...

Oh Leah, I will be praying for you! I'm so sorry you've been sick! I know it must be very hard to have someone move in with you that is unsaved, but what a wonderful thing that you and your family are such a light to your grandmother and showing her God's love and truth! I will be praying for her salvation and for God to strengthen you and draw you closer to Himself through this as I know He is already doing.

Kayley and Christian have been sick also and it's been a rough weekend at our house. Sam has had to cover some extra shifts this weekend and has been working long hours so it's been challenging for me to be home with sick kids on my own for so long. But God is good and everyone is doing much better today!

I would absolutely love any tomato plants if you have enough extra. If you don't, that is totally fine too! Sam and I are hoping to revise the garden area and maybe extend it to an area that gets more sunlight. We'll see how that goes!

Take care, Leah, I'll be praying for you!

Lesley said...

Oh and I LOVE your new blog look!! :) Very pretty and springy!

Leah said...

Lesley, Thank you and I am sorry to hear that your children have been sick and with Sam gone as well, that is difficult. Glad to hear they are getting better!

If we have tomato plants, I will be sure to give you some.
We still need to give you a call!
We love you all!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner