Thursday, April 16, 2009

Birthday

It is my twenty-first birthday today, it's kind of scary getting so old. :-)
My dear family gave me some beautiful gifts:


I love to collect books for my future children to read. Except for the red one whose title you cannot see, these are all books that I have read and loved as a child, the hidden one is "Jack Archer" by G.A. Henty. I LOVE the rolling pin, it is an older one, which makes me very happy!

Close up of the watch.


My meditation today:

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation works patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who is given unto us. (Romans 5:3-5)

As I read these verses today, the question arose, why does experience give us hope? I think is because, through experience we learn to trust the faithfulness of God. When we go through hard things and He proves Himself faithful, we now know through experience what before was only head knowledge. We then have hope for the future, that He who has called us is faithful and will keep our whole spirit, soul and body preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1Thes. 5:23-24)

From Pilgrims Progress: Christiana... "Our only fear for the future, is that we will forget how God hath led us in the past."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a blessed day. Your mother, with the Lord's direction, has raised a beautiful daughter, both inside and out!

Leah said...

Thank you Brenda, I praise God for wonderful parents and for His incredible mercy on me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leah! Haha 21's not so old. Books are always a nice gift :) Hope you had a blessed day

Victoria Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Leah!! So I'm not the only one who collects books ( or is trying to) for her future children. I hope you had a blessed day.

Leah said...

Thank you Shannon and Victoria!

Farming Wisconsin said...

Happy be-lated birthday, Leah! Looks like you got some neat birthday presents. ;) Hope all is well with you all and your grandma. Katie

Leah said...

Good to hear from you Katie and thank you! I'll send you an e-mail.

Farming Wisconsin said...

Hi Leah, happy Birthday! I love your new look on the blog...very pretty. :) God bless you with a wonderful year being twenty one! Betsy

Lesley said...

I'm so sorry this is late, but Happy Birthday to you, Leah! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!! :)

Leah said...

Thank you Betsy and Lesley!

 

Glorious Hope © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner